Beauty therapy is one of the most rewarding careers in the world today. As anyone who has graduated from our college will confirm, professional beauty therapist is one of the most sought skill today.
With an increasing need for beauty therapists in Kenya and all over the world today, the opportunities are endless. Beauty Therapists, also known as “beauticians” specialise in various treatments and services that enhance as well as improve the physical appearance and confidence of their clients.
With working as a beauty therapist provides many benefits, including, convenience of working hours, unlimited income source, as well as working for passion rather than for profit.
When you graduate from our college, you can be assured that unemployment or working in low paying jobs will be a thing of the past.
Our beauty therapy courses will enable you to work anywhere in the world, including in salons, working as as freelance bridal stylist, as newsroom make-up artist and in the film industry.
We provide comprehensive training in Beauty therapy which will boost your career opportunities and equip you with the skills you need for your long term success.
What Beauty therapists do
After a professional training in beauty therapy courses you will be able to take up the following responsibilities:
- Consulting with clients on the best treatments
- Carrying out treatments, manicures and pedicures
- Hair removal and applying makeup and treatments
- Spray tanning and UV tanning services
- Offering advice on skincare, hair care and use of cosmetics
- Identifying treatment of common minor skin problems
- Doing massage and therapeutic services
Key skills for a successful in the beauty therapy?
- Knowledge of cosmetics
- Practical skills for the provision of skin treatments
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Helpful as well as positive attitude
- Outstanding listening and communication skills
- A genuine passion for people and the desire to deliver results
- Business skills and client orientation
- Diploma in Beauty therapy
Carenic college provides training at diploma levels. The course is designed to provide students with advanced level skills in professional Beauty Therapy, salon management, as well as setting up a beauty therapy business.
- Certificate in Beauty Therapy
We offer Certificate in Beauty Therapy training designed for students interested in going into basic Beauty therapy business, salon attendant, or working in a salon business.
- The study of nails and nail theory care
- The study of skin
- Hair removal, eyebrow shaping and tinting
- Make-up techniques as well as facial treatments
- Body massage
- Pedicure and manicure
- Theory classes, Practicals -based learning and Video-based training