While massage is one of the popular therapies in Kenya today, it’s worth to note that Massage therapy dates back thousands of years to ancient cultures that believed in its medical benefits. The first written records of massage therapy are found in China and Egypt. 2700 BC. Its benefits are profound even to date.
Massage therapy benefits include; prevention or treatment of injuries, improve circulation, and speed up recovery from training. Deep tissue massage is used for injury rehabilitation, inflammatory diseases, chronic muscular pain, stimulate blood flow, promote relaxation, and improves muscle function.
Massage is one of the highly rewarding and challenging careers in spa industry. A career in massage and complementary therapies will offer you many opportunities. We have over ten different holistic therapies which are carefully tailored to suit your skills requirement for modern job market.
At Carenic College, our holistic massage therapy courses will equip you with the skills needed to succeed in the industry. Our successful candidates are awarded with an approved Certificate which entitles them to work as therapists in the areas of specialization.
Our courses will enable you to:
- Get the required professional qualifications in holistic massage and related therapies.
- Learn from expert trainers, friendly environment and practical-based training
- Benefit from affordable charges and excellent courses units that will give you the opportunity to quickly increase your income.
- Start up and professionally run your own business with a great earning potential.
- Say good bye to unemployment and work for passion rather than for necessity.
Our massage courses include;
- Swedish massage
- Head massage
- Anatomy and physiology
- Advanced massage
- Bamboo Massage
- Hot stone massage
- Chinese massage
- Ayurvedic massage
- Foot Massage
- Compress massage
With such a flourishing profession, possibilities are endless, and the choice is yours. You can work in the following settings:
- Surgeries and Health Clinics
- Complementary Therapy Centers
- Working in health spas
- Working from home
- Working freelance as a visiting therapist
- Working with other Complementary Practitioners (acupuncturists, homeopaths, osteopaths, chiropractors e.t.c.)
- Working in leisure, health and sports centers
- Working aboard a cruise liner and travelling the world
- Working in a corporate environment